Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Squares of fragrance



Ok, I'm nuts. At least, some of the people closest to me think so.




For the past ten years, I've saved all the fabric scraps from my projects. No, I mean ALL THE FABRIC SCRAPS. Really. I just knew that one of these days I'd think of something practical yet fun to make with them. I did offer some to paper makers, but there's not a big demand around here. In my spare time, when my hands don't hurt too much, I knit. And spin. And I have quite a stash of fiber that needs protection. That's how I arrived at the decision to make sachets.




I wanted to make re-usable sachets, being the thrifty person that I am. Plus, if someone is going to spend money for a hand embroidered sachet, it should be reusable. I found a local source of lavender, and it's amazing stuff. Her family grows it in Washington state, in the Sequim area of the Olympic Peninsula. If you haven't been there, do it. Lots of lavender farms, and gorgeous scenery.




Anyway, I'm having a great time making little squares. Fragrant squares. They're just starting to get posted in the Etsy shop.

No comments: