Friday, November 12, 2010

Smelling great!

WOW does the studio smell fantastic! If you don't like the smell of lavender, don't come over. I just got a new shipment of amazingly fresh organic Washington lavender buds; it's truly astounding how fragrant they are.


Here's a quick shot of a large order that went out recently....

And, I seem to be on a bird binge.
I've been watching them come to the bird bath, which is now frozen every morning. As it thaws, little visitors show up for a drink and perhaps a short bath. They must know that the mountains are getting slammed with snow, and soon enough, the white stuff will be here too.


I've been drawn to red tones, as the fall ends here in Montana. Not much can compete with the brilliant red of a Cardinal in snow, but the logwood dyed red silk I use comes pretty close, don't you think?
The Robin on the right uses the same ruby red silk, and being the early bird that it is, has nabbed a ball of tweedy cotton yarn- naturally dyed by the talent Andie at Renaissance Dyeing, in France. There is a link to her site on the right of this page. These sachets, and more, are available in my etsy shop(again, see right for the link).

No comments: